Music Blog

Briella Zoino

Music Blog

Art and Technology

14 November 2017



Punk- Green Day.

Green Day has been around since 1989 and they are still around today. The lead singer, Billy Joe Armstrong, is very talented and his voice is known very well by just about everyone in the world. Green Day has millions, if not billions of fans, including myself. They are considered a punk band and have instruments including the drums, electric guitar, and bass. Green Day has the occasional swear word in their songs, also. I chose the band Green Day because I am a big fan and their music has been a part of my life since middle school. When they release any new music I always get excited. They recently played on Good Morning America in New York City in 2015 and a huge crowd of people came to see them. I believe that their music fits into the Punk category because their music is very rebellious and hardcore. With the electric guitars, electric bass, and heavily used drums, they really are the "punk rock genre."




Dubstep- Diplo.

Diplo, real name, Thomas Wesley Pentz, is an American DJ. His EP was featured in the top 200 on the US Billboard in 2013. Dubstep music tempo is always in the range of 138–142 beats per minute. Diplo's music is also in the range of 138-142 beats per minute and has a very distinct "Saturday night club vibe". Diplo's music also has massive bass drops and rewinds. Diplo has created a very large fan base here in the US, including one of my friends from NJ. I heard about Diplo through my friend in high school, that is why I chose this artist.




Electronic- Deadmau5.
Deadmau5 I actually heard about through my friend back in community college. He was going to one of their concerts and I saw all his Snapchats of the concert the night he went. Deadmou5's music is very techno and electronic. Their music is very much like beat boxing, but with electronics. Deadmau5 DJs in front of lives audiences which are usually all in a mosh pit. I chose Deadmau5 because I believe he is the most famous electronic DJ in the year of 2017. Deadmau5 also wears a gigantic electronic mouse head to cover his face. The mouse's face is electronically wired and usually changes along with the music.






Girl Power- Fifth Harmony
Fifth harmony, before becoming a band, all 5 of the girls auditioned on the X Factor and became a band that was signed by Simon Cowell in 2012. Since then, they have sold hit after hit and became very popular in pop culture. Fifth Harmony encourages girls to be themselves, they sing about independence and represent the power of strong women. I chose Fifth Harmony for a Girl Power band because they each have their own individual styles, personalities,opinions and their own voices. Camila Cabello left the band in December of 2016 to pursue her own music, but the band still stands strong and represents music for independent women everywhere.





Techno- Daft Punk.Daft Punk formed in 1993 and consists of two people. They are also known for their visual style and disguises associated with their music. The duo have worn helmets and gloves to make it look like they are robots robots in most of their public appearances. The have sealed their identity since 2001 and rarely grant interviews or appear on television. I have heard of Daft Punk from word of mouth, and I know they are still popular today even though they formed their duo many years ago. Daft Punk was recently featured in a song by The Weekend. That song is called Starboy. The song was, and still is, a big hit today. It reached number one on the Billboard music top 100 list. I chose Daft Punk for Techno music because as of today in 2017 they are very popular. I found out about them through listening to the radio. Their music is very catchy and sounds very processed with electronic instruments. There is no distinct sound of drums or guitar.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Motion Animation

Final Video Project: Real Emotion VS Fake Emotion