Broadway Proformance





Aladdin on Broadway 



I have seen Aladdin on Broadway I believe in 2016, maybe 2015. I got the cheapest tickets because it was all I could afford. I paid for me and one of my ex's. I remember being really excited to go because it was my first Broadway show I've ever been to. The show was in the New Amsterdam Theater in New York City. The play was spectacular, honesty. We were on a pretty high up angle, so unlike the people lower than us, we were able to see how the stage turned at the base and opened up with trap doors. In a way, it kind of ruined the "magic" of how the play was working, but it was still really cool to actually see how they made it work. The special effects, from what I remember, were very well done. From the fog to the projections and the way the stage turned was very clever and fascinating. What I was most impressed with was the actor that played Aladdin. He sounded just like Aladdin from the Disney movie and he did not miss a beat of singing. The actor that played the genie was also spectacular. He was funny and really worked with the special effects on stage very well. Whenever a special effect happened in the play, the audience always gasped with awe or clapped. I saw the special effects coming so it wasn't so much a surprise to me, but I did appreciate how well they made everything work.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Motion Animation

Final Video Project: Real Emotion VS Fake Emotion

Music Blog