Madame Butterfly Review

Briella Zoino
Madame butterfly review
9/16/17
Art and Technology

Madame Butterfly is a beautifully written opera by Pjotr Sapegin that expresses an abundance of emotion. Madame butterfly has passionate relations with her lover, who is a sailor. Right after they have relations, her lover leaves and they both say their goodbyes. Madame butterfly is pregnant while her lover is away. She waits day in and day out for him to return. Once he returns, she is so ecstatic to see him. But, he has another lover and takes the baby away from her, showing no remorse for her feelings. Her lover then leaves with the baby and his new lover and they never see her again. Madame butterfly commits suicide at the end of the opera.
The music is a spectacular sound to be heard. There is so much passion in just the music alone. Technology is used by having different rooms they walk in and out of to represent each part of the house. In the stop motion clay animation film, it sums up in ten minutes what the play is about. I think the stop motion clay animation film does a very good job explaining the story of the opera and it shows so much emotional imagery that having “clay actors” does not take away from the sorrow and heart wrenching story that is Madame Butterfly.
If I could either be the girl or the boy in Madame butterfly, I would probably be the girl. I have been heartbroken before and I know how much it hurts. Also, as a woman, I would be devastated if someone took my child away that I raised while my “boyfriend” was away, especially if those people were  my “boyfriend” with his new lover. Madame Butterfly I think can relate to many people and really tug at the heart strings no matter what year is it. In the future, so many people will still be able to relate both to the male and female in this opera. It is truly a timeless classic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop Motion Animation

Final Video Project: Real Emotion VS Fake Emotion

Music Blog